Email notification failures

Topics related to Version 3 of AutomatiCloud
chris

Email notification failures

Post by chris »

I've been running AutomatiCloud for some time with email notifications coming through for success and failure of jobs. However in the past week for the first time the notification emails have intermittently been failing to come through. I'm trying to diagnose the problem but can't find any logging in relation to emails. Does this exist and if not could it be added?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Email notification failures

Post by admin »

Please change the log level for the background service from INFO to DEBUG in ACSvc.exe.config:

Code: Select all

<log4net>
    <appender name="FileAppender" type="log4net.Appender.FileAppender">
      <param name="File" value="ACSvcLog.txt" />
      <layout type="log4net.Layout.PatternLayout">
        <conversionPattern value="%date [%thread] %level %logger - %message%newline" />
      </layout>
    </appender>
    <root>
      <level value="DEBUG" />
      <appender-ref ref="FileAppender" />
    </root>
  </log4net>
Next time you have problems with the notifications you should find an exception in ACSVCLOG.TXT

Stephan
chris

Post by chris »

Thanks for your response Stephan. I did that and can see for example the following in the log file:

2017-06-09 01:01:01,337 [QuartzScheduler_Worker-8] DEBUG MailLib - MailLib.SendMail.Send()
2017-06-09 01:01:11,361 [QuartzScheduler_Worker-8] DEBUG MailLib - MailLib.SendMail.Send() Exception:The operation has timed out.
A couple of questions therefore:

(1) Should the logging level of the log messages reporting such exceptions be increased?

(2) It seems there is a 10 second timeout in place for sending emails. Is this configurable and if not could it be made so?

Cheers,
Chris
chris

Post by chris »

FYI I'm also seeing email failure log messages like this:

2017-06-13 04:38:12,742 [QuartzScheduler_Worker-8] DEBUG MailLib - MailLib.SendMail.Send()
2017-06-13 04:38:22,742 [QuartzScheduler_Worker-8] DEBUG MailLib - MailLib.SendMail.Send() Exception:Failure sending mail.
It would be good if more exception details were logged.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I will increase the timeout and log more details in the next version.

Stephan