license issues after moving ec2 instance

Topics related to Version 3 of AutomatiCloud
c.fosberry

license issues after moving ec2 instance

Post by c.fosberry »

Hi,

I have been trialling the product and then purchased the license but then had to move the instance to a VPC which meant creating an image then launching again in the new VPC. Now that I have done this I appear to be getting license errors such as:

EBS snapshot not created for volume ID: vol-xxxxxxx. Missing license

Is there anything I can do to rectify this?

Thanks

Craig
c.fosberry

Re: license issues after moving ec2 instance

Post by c.fosberry »

Hi ,
Also notice a new version is available but now that I have placed in a secure VPC I am unable to download.

Can you advise what security rules need to be allowed for this software to function within a VPC please?

We were going to roll this out to all clients with separate licenses for each but are unable to do this until we can confirm security requirements

Thanks
Craig
admin
Site Admin

Re: license issues after moving ec2 instance

Post by admin »

Hi Craig,

regarding your license issue please have a look at the license dialog in the AutomatiCloud application and check the background service log. You can find it in the help menu.

It should read like this:

Code: Select all

2016-05-03 22:41:08,224 [16] INFO Quartz.Server.QuartzServer - Init License
2016-05-03 22:41:08,226 [16] INFO Quartz.Server.QuartzServer - Licensed for: Doe john.doe@comtoso.com comtoso Inc
AutomatiCloud needs internet connectivity to execute its jobs. It will call different web services hosted by Amazon.
How to set up internet connectivity in a VPC is described here.

BTW: There is no need to have the AutomatiCloud server in the same VPC as the instances you want to control. If you don't want to have internet connectivity in your VPC you can isolate the AutomatiCloud server completely and grant internet access to this server.

In version 3.1 we had some problems with misleading license error messages which had their root cause in connectivity or IAM problems.

Stephan